Peter Pilotto and Christopher De Vos, fashion’s best kept secret, the London design duo behind Peter Pilotto, are gearing up for major mass appeal with their collaboration with Target. While the collection won’t actually hit shelves until February, we wanted to share a few tidbits to whet your appetites for Target’s very first international venture.
1. “The range—nearly 70 items in total—adapts hyperreal floral and geometric graphics to a wardrobe ready-made for a Montauk weekend,” Elle.com reported.
2. The kaleidoscope motif isn’t going anywhere. “We chose a couple of prints and used seams to achieve an engineered color silhouette,” Pilotto said.
3. Dresses have the most commercial viability—expect to see a lot of them.
4. Already this collaboration has a high-end stamp of approval. Net-A-Porter will sell a portion of the collection, the first time for the luxury e-tailer.
5. There is something for everyone: “a Southern sense of color and richness, yet it’s very controlled and engineered to the body, which is maybe Northern coolness,” Pilotto said.
We can’t wait to see for ourselves what this collection entails!