It takes a lot for a celebrity to commit to a beauty brand endorsement – a lot of wooing, a lot of flattery, and a whole lot of money. It totally makes sense that it would, seeing as these celebrities are bringing a lot of name recognition and potential sales to the table. When a celebrity commits to a beauty brand, they’re also saying by default that their endorsement is with one company and other beauty brands won’t be able or want to work with them during that time. It’s a decision that shouldn’t be taken lightly. For all the things that could and should be considered, you’d think that more celebrity beauty products would be of unimpeachable quality. Too often, that is not the case. Think of all of the cheaply packaged, cloyingly sweet celebrity endorsed perfumes that have cluttered the shelves through the years. How many fragrances with cotton candy top notes does the world need?
There have been many celebrity beauty product blunders, but now the game has evolved. Celebrities aren’t just endorsing fragrances. Now there are celebrity endorsed and co-created makeup, skincare and hair care brands on the market. Not every celebrity beauty brand is made equal, and we’re here to help you cut through the clutter. Here are 7 celebrity brands that you’ll be happy to discover.
- IMAN Cosmetics – Created by the veteran beauty icon in response to the need for more quality makeup for women of color. IMAN Cosmetics features bright pigments and a wide range of foundations, concealers, and a great BB cream for women of color.
- Nuance Salma Hayek – Salma Hayek’s skin care, hair care and beauty line is sold at CVS stores, and it brings a new measure of quality to the drugstore aisles. The product ingredients are inspired by her grandmother’s natural approach to beauty, and the products are innovative and awesome.
- COVERGIRL Queen Collection – Queen Latifah set the bar high for celebrity beauty partnerships. Her collaboration with COVERGIRL was not a flash in the pan based on her popularity, it has proven to be of covetable quality and has consequently become an important, necessary segment of the COVERGIRL family.
- Meaningful Beauty by Cindy Crawford – Cindy Crawford is maintaining her supermodel beauty with her line of anti aging skincare products. Meaningful Beauty is sold online and it offers gentle, effective skin improvement for anyone trying to stave off the effects of time.
- Flower Beauty by Drew Barrymore – Drew Barrymore’s beauty product line shatters all expectations. It’s made in the USA, not tested on animals, and made with high quality, luxury ingredients. And it’s available for shockingly affordable prices at Walmart. Look to Flower for beautiful and moisturizing lip products and cute, fun eyeshadow sticks, or the kind of skincare that you’d expect Drew Barrymore to use herself.
- Josie Maran – Eternally gorgeous former model Josie Maran can be credited as having created one of the first brands to tap into argan oil as a beauty ingredient. Josie Maran’s products are absolutely incredible and have become beloved by industry insiders for their effectiveness. If you like your beauty infused with argan and coconut water, look no further.
- Kat Von D – High drama and fierce looks are guaranteed with Kat Von D’s makeup line, available at Sephora. The celebrity tattoo artist’s products are glam and edgy, highly pigmented and totally worth it. Don’t let the quirky product names keep you away, Kat Von D’s makeup is the real deal.
Contributing Editor, Patrice Grell Yursik is the creator of Afrobella.com, one of the first blogs to celebrate the beauty of natural hair and ladies of all skin tones and sizes. Affectionately called the Godmother of Brown Beauty Blogging, Patrice takes her readers inside unique beauty, fashion and cultural experiences.