Today is Laura Ingalls Wilder’s, author of the beloved Little House on the Prairie book series, 146th birthday. Here at Glam, we’re remembering the woman who first made us see that girls through the ages, from the young ladies of the early America pioneer to today, are really more similar than different with a fashion flashback. Laura wouldn’t have been a stranger to ruffled chemises, bell sleeved button up dresses and sturdy leather boots, so we chose designs that have reinterpreted these classic frontier pieces for contemporary times. If you really want to get into the prairie style, you can always rock a bonnet, but we suggest a proper hat Laura may have worn as she got a little older…for practical purposes.
1. Goorin Brothers Laura Wilder, available at AOL Shopping for $140
2. McQ By Alexander McQueen Ruffle Detail Blouse, available at Farfetch.com for $348.54
3. Lover Black Tennessee Lace Dress, available at Bonadrag.com for $390
4. G.V.G.V. Ruffled Skirt Dress, available at Farfetch.com for $909.30
5. MIA Limited Edition Frontier Boots, available at Zappos.com for $139.99
6. Seychelles Cant Stand the Heat Boot, available at Modcloth for $129
7. Sybil Embroidered Vintage Style Brooch, available at Boticca.com for $115