By now we know the best sunscreens and SPF products like the backs of our hands. But what about when, despite our best efforts, we return from our trip to the beach looking like brightly colored lobsters that shudder at the idea of anything touching our skin? Our body needs extra TLC after prolonged sun exposure to recover and heal. Here are some skin-soothing formulas to revitalize your skin after all that fun in the sun:
1. Coola Environmental Repair Plus Radical Recovery After-Sun Lotion, available at Birchbox.com for $32
This organic lotion contains agave, which takes the sting out of sunburn and moisturizes skin while reversing the effects of sun damage by promoting collagen production.
2. Kiss My Face After Play Air-Powered Spray Moisturizer Crème, available at KissMyFace.com for $11.99
Enriched with cooling coconut water and aloe vera, this spray crème lotion alleviates sun-damaged skin while extending the life of your tan.
3. Sisley Sunleÿa Age Minimizing After Sun Care, available at Net-A-Porter.com for $235
This lightweight lotion not only soothes but also provides anti-aging benefits and wrinkle-fighting natural moisturizers to banish sunburn and fine lines in one step.
4. Clinique After Sun Aloe Rescue Balm, available at SaksFifthAvenue.com for $23
Gentle enough for body and face, this balm helps to reduce peeling and is oil-free for lightweight and moisturizing application.
5. Mario Badescu After Sun Cooling Gel, available at Mariobadescu.com for $14
This non-greasy and lightweight gel formula cools skin upon contact to reduce the discomfort and pain of a sunburn.
6. Burt’s Bees Aloe and Linden Flower After-Sun Soother, available at Walgreens.com for $9.99
Coconut oil, bee pollen, and glycerin will restore natural moisture to dry skin while aloe and linden flower soothe it.
7. Decléor High Repair After Sun Balm for the Face, available at Decleorusa.com for $42
This highly nourishing balm reduces redness and prevents the appearance of aging.
8. KORRES Greek Yoghurt After-Sun Cooling Gel, available at Beauty.com for $26
This refreshing yogurt-based cooling gel provides hydration and relieves heat and stinging.
9. Hampton Sun Continuous Mist Hydrating Aloe, available at Sephora.com for $28
Natural aloe and cooling menthol make this light spray formula a must-have after too many hours in the sun.
10. Chantecaille Jasmine and Lily Healing Mask, available at Bloomingdales.com for $79
This healing mask doubles as a calming night cream and relieves sunburned and irritated skin, acting also as a brightening agent.