Excited for the party but not sure what to wear? Can’t decide on a dress for that upcoming wedding? Confused about what business casual actually means? Stop your worrying—GlamChic is here to help you out! We’re all set to bring you weekly installments of outfit tips and suggestions based on what you want to know.
This week, Ask GlamChic is dishing out advice for beachwear. The concept is simple—swimsuit, cover-up, and go—but we’ve got suggestions that’ll make you extra stylish as you frolic in the sand. Tired of the same old baggy cover-up? Revamp your summer beach wardrobe with our tips!
1. Retro Stripe Bikini ($50 at Topshop.com). This part’s a given. If you’re going to the beach, you need a swimsuit, whether you’re lying out in the sand or diving straight into the water. We like this bikini, since it plays into this summer’s widespread nautical trend.
2. Sheer Button Down Shirt ($240 at LaGarconne.com). Instead of the standard, loose dress-shaped cover-up, why not try a cute button-down shirt? This one is chic and elegant, but still fun since it’s a little sheer. And if you leave the last few buttons undone, you can transform your look by creating a tied-up blouse.
3. AE Cutoff Denim Shorty Shorts ($34.50 at AE.com). Play with the classic white-shirt-with-jeans look by pairing your top with a pair of denim cutoffs. The worn look of these shorts will keep your outfit from looking too done-up for the beach.
4. Straw Bucket Bag ($34 at Newport-News.com). Nothing says beach day like a big straw tote filled with goodies—books, magazines, snacks, a towel, sunscreen, and whatever else you need. We love this bag because it’s roomy enough for all our stuff and it has a nice nautical feel to it.
5. Women’s Printed Flip Flops ($5 at OldNavy.com). We don’t recommend wearing super-expensive shoes to the beach, because we don’t want your prized sandals getting wet and sandy. But inexpensive can obviously still be really cute, just like these colorful plaid flip-flops. Pretty and practical.
Have a question? Need some advice? Send your wardrobe dilemmas to firstname.lastname@example.org!