Excited for the party but not sure what to wear? Can’t decide on a dress for that upcoming wedding? Confused about what business casual actually means? Stop your worrying—GlamChic is here to help you out! We’re all set to bring you weekly installments of outfit tips and suggestions based on what you want to know.
Even though our summer here in New York hasn’t exactly been filled with sunshine, we still have to face the fact that we’re in the last month of summer. August is the perfect time for that last minute getaway, whether you’re headed to an exotic island or just over to the beach. Here are some tips to help you keep cool and savor the end of summer—for a vacation, stay-cation, or any occasion!
1. BB Dakota Water Blue Keane Dress ($49 at ChickDowntown.com). We suggest starting off with a simple and easy (but still cute!) piece, like this beautiful pale blue chambray dress. Its flirty lines and light fabric make it the perfect base for any summer outfit. We’re imagining ourselves strolling on the beach or headed to an outdoor café…
2. Ilha by Delfina Cacao Suit ($99 at Calypso-Celle.com). Whether you’re planning on diving into the ocean or just dipping your toes in the neighborhood pool, you’ll need a bright, fun swimsuit on hand! The halter-top will layer perfectly under our dress, but you could go for any cut you like.
3. Floral Hair Elastic ($3.80 at Forever21.com). Barry Manilow may have sung about a girl with yellow feathers in her hair, but we think flowers are just as good. Accessorize an easy ponytail with this hair tie that’ll leave you looking put-together with barely any effort—you’ll want to save that for sight seeing, shopping, or lounging around with a drink in hand!
4. Vintage Flower Sunglasses (approximately $21 at MissSelfridge.com). Sunglasses are a must, and this adorable pair is a great accent for any sunny summer outfit. They have a touch of old-school glamour for the Hollywood diva inside all of us, but they’ll still function perfectly to shield our eyes from the sun.
5. Paul Smith Accessories Jane Classic Swirl Shoulder Bag ($412.50 at My-Wardrobe.com). Even if you’re not actually on break, take a mental vacation and lighten your load—you won’t need much if your just taking a stroll, and this small purse is a bright and cheerful place to hold the necessities.
6. Musa Grecian Leather Sandals ($191 at Net-A-Porter.com). We love a metallic sandal—they’re casual, glamorous, easy, and chic all rolled into one. This golden pair plays off of the brilliant blue of the dress and is just begging to be worn to dinner in a small island town!
Have a question? Need some advice? Send your wardrobe dilemmas to firstname.lastname@example.org!