Sweating (or rather, not sweating) is always on our minds from our wardrobe choices to our work meetings. Of course, all of our worst fears are magnified during the summer when the heat and humidity kick into high gear. Sure, it’s a natural function in order to cool us off, but it’s difficult to appreciate how efficient our sweat glands are if you’re constantly worrying about how uncool it looks to perspire in public. Don’t sweat it this summer! We’ve found a few solutions to prevent, minimize, or at least hide our hidrosis:
1. The Clean & Clear Oil Absorbing Sheets are useful to keep in your purse. While they don’t prevent sweat, they absorb the excess oil on your face. Available at Target for $4.99.
2. Need that finishing touch? The bareMinerals Mineral Veil, available at Sephora for $21.00, will help mattify skin so you look hot, but not hot and sweaty.
3. Deodorant may mask the odor, but you need antiperspirant to help minimize the sweat. Try Secret’s Clinical Strength Sport Fresh Antiperspirant/Deodorant available at Drugstore.com for $12.49.
4. The Urban Decay Chill Makeup Setting Spray, available at Sephora for $30.00 will give you the “chill” look you desperately want in the summer heat. The spray will prevent your making from melting and give you the fresh look from day to night.
5. Tired of always having greasy hair during the summer heat? Herbal Essences Naked Dry Shampoo, available in a travel size at Walmart for $2.99, can help absorb oil from your hair leaving it looking freshly washed.
6. Baby Powder is a classic solution to cure sweaty feet, hands and even armpits; throw some baby powder in your hair, or even dab it on your face to set in the make-up, and it’ll absorb the grease and oil. Johnson’s baby powder with soothing aloe and vitamin e is available for $1.97 at Target.
7. Med-e-tate wipes, marketed for excessive sweaters, can be used anywhere on your body. The product contains similar ingredients and aims to accomplish similar effects as Botox injections (often used to combat severe sweating). The wipes are available at Sephora for $48.00.
8. Smashbox’s Photo Finish 24 Hour Shadow Primer, sold at Sephora for $20.00, is sweat and humidity resistant and will keep your eye shadow looking flawless from the moment you put it on in the morning until you take it off at night without having to worry about smudging.
9. M.A.C. Blot Powder/Pressed, available at Nordstrom for $25.00, controls oil on your face and reduces shine, eliminating the sweaty-disheveled look and leaving your face make-up looking fresh, finished and most importantly not flushed.