Our latest Cannes fashion obsession comes courtesy of Nicole Kidman and Julianne Moore, who both walked the red-carpet at the celebrated International Film Festival in dresses with strapless fitted tops and full lantern-style skirts. Kidman’s midi-length frock featured embroidered floral sequins and bright patterns, while Moore went for a more simplistic color-blocked style by with a black top and lilac bottom. Both dresses, designed by Dior, were built off of the classic 1950s silhouette but offered modern appeal with a more structured full-bodied skirt and skin showing top. For a more practical take on Kidman and Moore’s ensembles, go with a shorter bubble skirt that can be comfortably worn on an evening out. While we love their ankle grazing gowns, few of us can conveniently wear such a dressed up style. And of course, make sure to pick up a more comfortable pair of shoes than the strappy silver platforms Moore chose.
1. Rose Print Lantern Dress, available at Topshop for $130
2. Coach Lizzie Heel, available at Coach for $99
3. Calvin Klein Collection Strapless Top, available at Farfetch.com for $182.24
4. D&G Purple Satin Short Full Skirt, available at Profilefashion.com for $148.69
5. Schutz Shen Metallic Sandals, available at Shopbop.com for $185