Proving that it’s possible to bundle up and look chic too, Diane Kruger, Christina Hendricks, and Rachel McAdams brought snow-dressing to a whole new level with their sophisticated ensembles during the Sundance 2014 festivities this week. The actresses traded in traditional lodge dressing and ski gear for more pulled together looks without compromising warmth and comfort. Nail the art of layering and look good too by sticking to basic but beautiful pieces in gorgeous neutrals like these ladies. We’ve zeroed in on the key components that each of their outfits utilized as the necessities you’ll need to wear for your next icy expedition. Ready? A slim pair of black jeans tucked into matching knee-high riding boots for a flattering bottom, a sweaters up top with a lighter blazer or cropped jacket over, and as the final layer, an oversized wool coat. For a Sundance type of setting, there are three ladies at least who would agree that this is the perfect outfit. And when it comes to style, we do what they do.
1. Isabel Marant Ziggy Double Breasted Coat, available at La Garconne for $1,102.50
2. Ultra Furry Beanie, available at Topshop for $10
3. Mossimo® Women’s Blazer, available at Target for $19.98
4. Jill Sander Cotton Turtleneck, available at Stylebop.com for 4266
5. J Brand 815 Coated Mid-rise Skinny Jeans, available at Net-a-porter.com for $230
6. Cool Connection Bag, available at Modcloth.com for $55.99
7. Frye Jackie Leather Knee-High Riding Boots, available at Lord and Taylor for $388