The 19-year-old is expected to plead not guilty to charges of assault and making criminal threats. Brown’s lawyers have also been in “serious” plea bargain negotiations with prosecutors and are “close” to a deal, TMZ reports.
Rihanna, currently in her native Barbados, is not required to attend the arraignment. Denying reports that say otherwise, Rihanna’s lawyer, Donald Etra, told TVGuide.com that the singer will testify if required.
If convicted, Brown could face anything from probation to a maximum four years and eight months in prison.
Related Articles on TVGuide.com
- Chris Brown Charged with Two Felonies, Arraignment Postponed
- No Love Duet for Rihanna and Chris Brown After Arrest?
- Chris Brown, Rihanna Reportedly “Taking a Break”; Rihanna “Aware” of Advice
- Chris Brown Withdraws Name from Kids’ Choice Awards
- Diddy Defends Opening Home to Chris Brown and Rihanna, Says They’re Going Through a “Dark Time”
Other Links From TVGuide.com