Cool As a Cucumber

By  July 10, 2009

So, we’ve all grown up with the notion that putting slices of cucumbers over our puffy eyes does wonders. But is it really working?

Probably. Cucumbers are made of 95% water which hydrates and reduces inflammation, and the other 5% is filled with ascorbic acid and caffeic acid, both of which reduce redness. However, if balancing vegetables on your face and hoping for the best isn’t your thing, then try these products that amp up the effects of a cucumber and without requiring repeat trips to the grocery store.

coolasacucumber2

Caswell-Massey Revitalizing Cool Cucumber Eye Pads, $12
Bliss Triple Oxygen Instant Energizing Eye Mask, $54
Pearl Ice Cooling Eye Mask by Inka, $26
signature22