Say what you will about the Kardashian-Jenner clan—there’s no denying that these girls have style. We can thank André Leon Talley for drawing our attention to their latest sartorial feat. “Fashion Alert!” he shared in his #KimyeWedding diary for Vogue. “Clearly the Kardashian sisters are bringing back maxi fashion by wearing long lace dresses for day.”
He was right. While the most photographed lace dress that Kim Kardashian has worn is her wedding dress, we’ve spotted North West’s mom rocking this trend multiple times.
As early as last fall, the reality-TV star was spotted in a white, lacy Dolce & Gabbana for her appearance on The Tonight Show With Jay Leno. Then in March, the star reprised her look in a Rachel Roy fall 2013 lace creation for Seth Meyer’s Late Night chair. More recently, in May, Kardashian uploaded a photo of herself to Instagram in front of the flower wall Kanye West gifted her for Mother’s Day, wearing an Agent Provocateur lace slip.
Of course, Kardashian rocked the trend in her signature style—with a healthy dose of sex appeal, complete with undergarments on display. For those who wish to emulate her on-trend look, without baring all, we’re here to help. Choose a dress that is first and foremost lined—if you want to show a bit more skin, opt for an illusion-neck or illusion-sleeve silhouette. Then the important thing to keep in mind is length. Since lace can easily veer into boudoir territory, keep it appropriate for daytime by picking a dress with a longer hemline.
We’d be remiss if we didn’t also talk about a major part of Kardashian’s look—her sleek, shiny hair. You can achieve this look at home using Garnier Fructis Sleek and Shine Anti-Humidity Smoothing Milk. Squeeze a dime-size amount of milk between your palms before working through your hair.
Now you’re more than ready to give this Kardashian-approved trend a go! We’ve curated our seven favorite lacy looks to get you from your work desk to the weekend.
1. Lace Maxidress, available at H&M for $34.95
2. Peter Pilotto “Leia” Printed Lace Dress, available at Moda Operandi for $2,245
3. Alice + Olivia “Jayna” Metallic Cotton-Blend Lace Dress, available at Net-a-Porter for $385
4. Kate Moss for Topshop Embroidered Tulle and Crocheted Lace Maxidress, available at Net-a-Porter for $360
5. MSGM Lace Dress, available at Farfetch for $334.26
6. Diane von Furstenberg Lace Dress, available at Farfetch for $472.45
7. Chloé Crocheted Lace Dress, available at Net-a-Porter for $3,450