Spring is here, and the markets are starting to flood with bright green produce. Here are some of my favorite ways to sneak greens into savory meals.
1. Basil isn’t in season yet, but that doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy homemade pesto! This spicy arugula and walnut pesto is good on pasta, pizzas and toast.
2. This sweet potato and goat cheese frittata is made even better with spinach. It’s a great way to sneak some green into a simple, savory meal.
3. Cheesy quesadillas redeem themselves with the addition of spinach (or so I like to think).
4. The unexpectedly delicious combination of tomatoes and peanuts in this West African peanut soup is made fresher with chopped collard greens, which don’t turn to mush when heated.
5. Super healthy, super tasty coconut quinoa mixed with a cilantro-cashew pesto and chopped kale.
Contributing Editor, Kate Taylor, is a 20-something photographer and vegetarian cook from Oklahoma. She lives in Kansas City with her quirky black and white mutt, Cookie. Her blog, Cookie and Kate, is all about celebrating good food—real, sustainable food that delights the senses and nourishes the body. Kathryne is an avid supporter of the occasional indulgence and enjoys nothing more than eating good food in good company.