Channeling cool California thrills and oceanside elegance, we’re wishing for cultivated West Coast-esque pieces for our summer apparel this season. We want that laid-back feel with an elevated edge—seashore style with a polished finish.
Each piece on our wish list is an essential for a complete warm-weather wardrobe. The first, a pair of frayed denim shorts, rough around the edges, is a timeless must-have with aesthetic appeal that increases with age. Pair with a sleek oxford shirt tucked in and swank sandals to offset the relaxed look of the shorts. The ideal outfit for a walk on the beach, the ensemble requires just one final touch: the right pair of sunglasses. Serengeti “Serena” sunnies offer a vintage vibe via their classic shape—but also an air of luxury with the fine craftsmanship they display. Made with Ultra-Light glass lenses, photochromic technology that allows the glasses to adapt to changing light conditions, and Spectral Control, which manages colors within the visible light spectrum for stunning, high-definition contrast and hue enhancement, these sunglasses are the ultimate way to view the summer sky. Mix up your look up with another retro-chic pair from Serengeti—the always effortlessly cool “Medium Aviator” frame. Also offering photochromic technology, which constantly lightens and darkens throughout the day to ensure you see every detail of your summer surroundings, these beauties are ultra refined, perfectly timeless, and always chic.
1. Oxford long sleeve shirt, available at UNIQLO for $29.90
2. Serengeti “Serena,” available at Serengetti-eyewear.com for $249.99
3. Serengeti “Medium Aviator,” available at Serengetti-eyewear.com for $229.99
4. XL straw beach tote, available at Henri Bendel for $149
5. Marni jeweled flower ponyskin sandals, available at Luisaviaroma.com for $490
6. Rag & Bone “Mila” cut-off denim shorts, available at Net-a-porter.com for $165