Actress turned master of all things Goop-y, Gwyneth Paltrow has teamed up with her friend in design, Michael Kors to collaborate on a holiday capsule collection. And you’re invited to their very chic Christmas!
To celebrate the collaboration for Paltrow’s site Goop, they teamed up again to film a holiday video filled with Christmas cheer. They sip cocktails, plan an imaginary dinner party with guests like Queen Elizabeth and Cher before sitting down to sing “Santa, Baby” while they wrap Michael Kors boxes for some lucky person.
The star of this creative endeavor is by far, the clothing; Paltrow looks amazing sporting Kors’ peplum sweater. Coincidently, it was the mother-of-two’s love for the clothing that sparked the collaboration.
“I had a dream to tweak/remake some of my favorite MK pieces, which have been in heavy rotation in my closet for years,” the 41-year-old said. “Funnily enough, I ran into Michael on a flight where he noticed I was rocking his cape, probably in a less chic manner than we would have liked, my six month old daughter and I lay wrapped in it all the way to England.”
See the video below and check out the collaboration here:
You always catch her on her way to the gym or coming from her favorite fitness class, but you’ll never see her in ratty sweats and an old oversize t-shirt. As important as it is for her to get her daily workout fix, cute yet functional clothes and accessories help to make it an all-around fun experience. For your fitness-obsessed best friend, the best gifts are the ones that’ll help her maintain a sense of style, even when she’s her sweatiest self.
The Sports Gene by David Epstein, available at Amazon.com for $17.03
Limited Edition Powerbeats by Dre, available at BeatsbyDre.com for $149.95
We wouldn’t imagine that someone who decided to leave his cushy design job as creative director at Louis Vuitton, reportedly the morning of his last show, would get nervous but Marc Jacobs admitted to having a few reservations.
“Actually, I’m a little scared,” Jacobs told Peter Marino during a talk curated by The Architecture Foundation at the Tate Modern. “I mean, it wouldn’t be me if I sat here and pretended to be super confident about everything. There’s a kind of healthy fear that I have—it’s how I operate.”
… A pretty good way to operate if we may say so ourselves.
That “healthy fear” keeps you humble to work harder. We can’t wait to see how with all of Jacobs’ hard work and fear pay off as his career continues to grow as he focuses on his namesake label, preparing to take it public.
It’s that time of year, to kick back and toast to a successful year with your co-workers and celebrate a job well done. We’re talking about the office party. Spice up your typical work attire with sequins and fun baubles and you’re good to go! This look is not only office appropriate but festive. You’ll sparkle all night as you sip your cocktail–slowly, of course.
This week, Hollywood hotties had us asking, “how low can you go?” The answer was pretty low, but the result couldn’t have been more chic! While plunging necklines are no new thing in the world of fashion (anyone remember Jennifer Lopez’s Versace dress at the 2000 Grammy Awards?), we love how it was flaunted in a refined and minimalistic way on the red carpet for the start of December 2013. Rashida Joneskicked things off at the Gotham Film Awards by keeping the look playful, pairing a cute bra with a low-neck dress. Her easy to wear flared frock was a design by Proenza Schouler, and Jones went with all black, chunky heels from Bionda Castana to match. Also sultry yet sophisticated was Selena Gomez. Skipping a drastic dress for her Jingle Ball Dallas concert, the “Come and Get It” singer instead wore a sleek navy jumpsuit by none other than the ever fashionable and affordable retailer, Zara. Despite the nearly navel baring V-neck in the front, Gomez opted to keep the rest of her look low-key with loose waves, little jewelry, and subtle makeup. The final star who took the plunge this week did things a little differently–Naomie Harris‘s plunging neckline at the Paris premiere of Mandela: Long Walk to Freedom featured a see-through panel. Sheer is definitely on everyone’s radar this season, and we appreciate the way this slim Vionnet number incorporated the trend. What deep-V style will you be rocking this season? Get the look you love with our picks below!
1. Lalique Damsel in a Dress, available at Johnlewis.com for $210
2. ASOS Deep V-Neckline Leather Skater Dress, available at Asos for $204.18
3. Satin Trimmed Jumpsuit by Malene Birger, available at Farfetch.com for $396
Peter Pilotto and Christopher De Vos, fashion’s best kept secret, the London design duo behind Peter Pilotto, are gearing up for major mass appeal with their collaboration with Target. While the collection won’t actually hit shelves until February, we wanted to share a few tidbits to whet your appetites for Target’s very first international venture.
1. “The range—nearly 70 items in total—adapts hyperreal floral and geometric graphics to a wardrobe ready-made for a Montauk weekend,” Elle.com reported.
2. The kaleidoscope motif isn’t going anywhere. “We chose a couple of prints and used seams to achieve an engineered color silhouette,” Pilotto said.
3. Dresses have the most commercial viability—expect to see a lot of them.
4. Already this collaboration has a high-end stamp of approval. Net-A-Porter will sell a portion of the collection, the first time for the luxury e-tailer.
5. There is something for everyone: “a Southern sense of color and richness, yet it’s very controlled and engineered to the body, which is maybe Northern coolness,” Pilotto said.
We can’t wait to see for ourselves what this collection entails!
For the girl who dreams of the sand between her feet and the salt water in her hair year round, it’s essential to give her a taste of summer, no matter what the season. From home touches like seaweed soap to warm weather essentials like a cooler tote, these gift guide ideas will have your beach lovin’ gal feeling as though she’s perfectly bronzed and summer satiated regardless of the temperature outside.
1. Seaweed Soap, available at Orange & Pear for $6.50
2. Fekkai Summer Hair Beach Waves Spray, available at Ulta for $25
3. Electric Beach Pouch, available at Shopbop for $45.50
4. Thorny Rose Flask, available at In God We Trust for $60
5. Clean Beach Set Flight 001, available at Shopbop for $66
6. Joshua Tree Tie All Scarf, available at Theodora & Callum for $175
7. Storm Glass, available at Wind & Weather for $59.99
8. Starfish Cocktail Ring, available at Etsy for $6.50
9. Clos du Bois by C.Wonder Cruiser, available at Clos du Bois for $350
10. Tangerine Ikat Cooler Tote, available at Mud Pie for $32
11. Mara Hoffman Weekend Bag, available at Mara Hoffman for $282
While black and white tend to be wintertime go-tos, we’re always looking for ways to spice things up – especially when temperatures begin to dip below freezing. Shake up this classic color combo by infusing a touch of red here and there. Whether it’s a true vibrant hue or more of a cabernet tone, a red hot punch will add dimension to your otherwise basic ensemble – not to mention a little bit of (much needed) heat.
Unlike your BFF, for whom you probably have a million things you want to buy, guys can be hard to shop for. Whether you’re present-hunting for your brother, boyfriend, best friend, or dad, we’ve found five gifts he’s guaranteed not to send back. From the perfect sneakers to Grain Audio speakers to Curve For Men Cologne, we’ve made your holiday shopping easy this year when it comes to the dudes in your life. Cross all those boys off your list and get them what they really want. Way more fun than a gift card, wouldn’t you agree?
1. Speck SmartFlex Card for iPhone 5s and iPhone 5, available at Speck.com for $40
2. PWS Packable Audio System, available at Grain Audio for $250
3. Curve For Men Cologne 4.2 oz, available at Walmart for $39
4. Brixton Canyon Backpack, available at UO for $109
5. Pointer “AFD” Felt Sneakers, available at Nordstrom for $58
The color of 2014 will be: Radiant Orchid, a captivating, magical, enigmatic purple.
“While the 2013 color of the year, Pantone 17-5641 Emerald, served as a symbol of growth, renewal, and prosperity, Radiant Orchid reaches across the color wheel to intrigue the eye and spark the imagination,” Latrice Eiseman, executive director of the Pantone Color Institute said.
Radiant Orchid’s rosy undertones radiate on the skin, producing a healthy glow when worn by both men and women. So it’s no wonder that this color showed up during New York Fashion Week on Spring 2014 runways courtesy of designers like Juicy Couture and Yoana Baraschi.
What do you think of this shade of purple? Will you wear it next year?