Gathered around an intimate wooden dining table, charming, elegant, and adorned with bits of lavender for our sensory delight, the small audience at the first ever 520 Chef’s Table in Palo Alto, CA swooned over each and every detail of their culinary experience.
It was Executive Chef Clive Berkman we had to thank. His careful consideration for each element of the night’s exquisite tasting menu truly shined through. Focused on bringing his audience a true farm-to-table experience, each dish featured locally grown or raised products, from the truffled devilled eggs with prosciutto and crispy quinoa to the beef ribeye on a potato raft.
Truly an artist, his mastery over the dining experience didn’t stop with the multiple course feast; Berkman was behind the evening’s unique cocktails as well. Fresh, flavorful, and lively, each was special and surprising. If you’re not in the area and able to join the delightful experience of the 520 Chef’s Table in the Garden Court Hotel, than whip up some of these decadent drinks at home, and in farm-to-table style, make sure you pick up the organic ingredients at your local farmer’s market.
Lavender Bee’s Knees: Combine all ingredients in a shaker full of ice. Shake vigorously for 10 full seconds. Double strain into cocktail glass and garnish with a lavender sprig.
· 2 oz gin
· 1 oz lemon juice
· 1 lavender flower for garnish
· 3/4 oz lavender honey syrup
· 1/4 cup honey
· 1/8 cup hot water
· 1 teaspoon dried lavender
· To make the lavender honey syrup, combine hot water with honey and stir until evenly mixed. Add lavender, stirring to combine. Let cool, approximately 30 minutes, then pour through a fine mesh strainer to remove lavender.
Blueberry Lemonade: Fill a highball glass with crushed ice. Add the blueberry vodka and fill with lemonade. Garnish with lemon slices and blueberries.
· 2oz Blueberry Vodka (Stoli Blueberi)
· Fresh made lemonade
· Fresh blueberries and lemon slices for garnish