You may know her as the chatty Kelly Kapoor on NBC’s The Office, but when Mindy Kaling hits the red carpet — most recently for the Primetime Emmy Awards — she’s the one who gets other people talking. Kaling hit this year’s awards in an emerald St. John gown, gold belt by eco-friendly jewelry line Mettle, and Doo.Ri shoes. But what really got us talking were her voluminous, romantic waves.
While celebrity hairstylist Luke Chamberlain prepped Kaling’s tresses for the night, you too can achieve this luscious, Bianca Jagger-inspired look in five steps using MATRIX hair products.
- Apply Matrix Biolage Volumizing Whipped Mousse to damp hair, section by section.
- Next, apply a small amount of Biolage ExquisiteOil Replenishing Treatment to hair, and blow dry throughout to seal in the oil and mousse for plenty of body and shine.
- Wrap hair around a 1-inch curling iron in a figure-eight pattern, (make sure it’s not too hot), then wrap hair around velcro rollers while allowing the curls to cool.
- Once hair has cooled, remove the rollers and brush out the hair into soft waves — not too rough, you don’t want to lose the curl.
- Finish off your look with Matrix Total Results Amplify Hairspray to lock in your style for the rest of the night.