Anna Sui, Betsey Johnson, and Salvatore Ferragamo channeled the likes of Veronica Lake, Lauren Bacall, and Rita Hayworth with sultry, smooth strands for the spring and summer season. While it may appear to require a bulky blow-dryer and more hands than you have, achieving old-Hollywood glamour is much easier than you think.
- 1. Apply a volumizing mousse throughout dry hair, using a wide-toothed comb to distribute
product, and lightly spritz with a heat-protection spray.
- 2. Power the InStyler to the appropriate heat setting for your hair type and take a 1-inch to
1½-inch section of hair and clip the rest out of the way.
- 3. Wrap the section around the barrel of the InStyler until it reaches halfway up the length of your
hair. Close the tool and allow the rotating barrel to create bouncy, polished waves.
- 4. After several seconds, drop out the section of hair and repeat until all sections are completed.
- 5. Create a little volume by flipping hair over your head and massaging the roots with your fingers.
- 6. Create a deep side part, tucking the shorter section of hair behind the ear, polish off with a
small amount of argan oil at the part and ends to control frizz, and seal in the style with a few
spritzes of finishing hairspray.