1. Kindle Fire- Amazon.com $199
- Amazon’s answer to the iPad, this upgrade on the original book reading tablet is the perfect way for book lovers to still read their favorite literature while also keeping track of social networking, listening to music, playing games and much more.
2. The Phantom Tollbooth: 50th Anniversary- Amazon.com $16.39
- Best for kids or the young at heart, introduce or relive this classic with the 50th Anniversary edition. Telling a beautiful story of Milo and his adventures in the land beyond, it’s timeless and the 50th Anniversary edition is a fantastic keepsake.
3. The Hunger Games Trilogy- Amazon.com $31.57
- This had to be included. With the film releasing in March and the hype for the books growing exponentially, now’s the time for those in your life who aren’t familiar to jump on the bandwagon. Normally, we wouldn’t encourage this kind of subtle peer pressure, but these books are just too good to keep to oneself.
4. Books by Fictional Characters- Amazon.com: Various Prices (Sterling’s Gold $6.87, Heat Wave $9.99, Pawnee: The Greatest Town in America $13.57, The Bro Code $10.48)
- The big trend for the past few years has been books released by fictional characters from TV and film. While it’s been going on for quite a while (i.e. the Twin Peaks literature), characters like Richard Castle from ABC’s Castle, Barney Stinson from CBS’ How I Met Your Mother and Leslie Knope from NBC’s Parks and Recreation make this a trend no one should miss out on. Heat Wave is a legitimate crime thriller with some real potential while The Bro Code and Pawnee: The Greatest Town in America are hilarious.
5. Lightwedge Original LED Book Light- Amazon.com $23.99
- This is a no-brainer. For those who love to read and don’t care if it’s daytime or nighttime, get this futuristic looking and stylish LED book light. See kids? Reading really is FUNdamental!