There is no better gift than the gift of giving. Sure, it may sound cliche and a tad on the side of corn, but it’s the absolute truth, especially when it comes to the holiday season. Chatting with Czech supermodel Petra Nemcova this past weekend about her new Clinique fragrance that gives back reminded us of the joy of generosity. After being blessed with surviving the 2004 Asian tsunami, Petra, truly gorgeous from the inside out, established Happy Hearts, “a foundation focusing on building schools and bringing hope and opportunity to children impacted by natural disasters.” Since 2006, the charity has rebuilt 70 schools around the world. Talking about her passion for the cause, Petra explains, “Education is the ticket to a brighter future because without it, you are stuck in a growth or you may go down. But with education you can do the opposite. Education is the key. It’s the most empowering tool you can have in your life.” She credits her mother, a former teacher in Czechoslovakia, as her inspiration. “She didn’t have the same opportunities and she always fought to get education for herself. She’s been my example.” The partnership between Petra’s Happy Hearts and Clinique is perfection, both brands passionate about education and making others happy. The perfume comes in a heart clad packaging to represent the love that brings us together and boasts a “floral and fresh, sweet mandarin blossom” scent. Retailing at $37, $10 goes to the Happy Hearts foundation to help build schools.
If you’re looking to conquer your holiday gift shopping list with purchases for a cause, stock up on Clinique’s Happy Heart perfume spray for the beauty babes in your life and check out these other products that give back.
1. Laura Mercier ‘Bonne Mine Healthy Glow Face and Cheeks Color Palette gives 100% of the profits to the Laura Mercier Ovarian Cancer Fund, available at Nordstrom for for $48
2.Warby Parker Glasses gives away a pair of glasses to someone in need for every pair bought, available at Warby Parker for $95
3. Tom’s Klim Women’s Classics matches every pair of shoes purchased with a pair of new shoes given to a child in need, available at Toms for $54
4. Gorjana Hummingbird Necklace in which sixty percent of the proceeds will benefit the John Alexander Project, available at Gorjana for $58
5. Gen Lace and Wood Clutch donates to sight-restoring surgeries in India, available at Kayu Design for $517
6. Clinique Happy Hearts Perfume Spray donates $10 of purchase price to Happy Hearts Fund, available at Clinique for $37
7. Same Sky Fabric Wraps gives 100% of net proceeds to train and employ HIV+ women in developing countries, available at Same Sky Shop for $40
8. Cuyana iPad Case donates a percentage of profits to charity: water; available at Cuyana for $65