Veteran of the festival circuit, Canadian indie rock band Metric is set to kick off the first day of the 2013 Coachella Valley Music Festival with a, per usual, captivating show that displays lead singer Emily Haines at the forefront. Combing the melodic infusion of synths, keyboard, guitar and percussion with her sweet, haunting voice, Haines demands that attention is paid to Metric during every one of their performances. With lyrics so raw and melodies that build from somber crooning and strumming to upbeat drum tempos and Haines’ booming pipes, they’d be a hard band to overlook. Just like Metric’s music, Haines’ standout style is also experimental and worthy of our attention. She’s a classic rocker chic with a modern glam, feminine edge, effortlessly pairing leather with sequins or fringed vintage pieces with contemporary sneakers. Whatever her ensemble, there’s no doubt that it will be as edgy as the band she sings in.
1. Each X Other All Palaces are Temporary Palaces cotton tank, available at Net-A-Porter.com for $163
2. Melbourne Mesh Necklace, available at Urban Outfitters for $28
3. Rag & Bone Lace Trim Leather Shorts, available at Intermix.com for $595
4. Jeffrey Campbell Qimat Bootie, available at Nastygal.com for $218
5. Limited Edition Hexagon Bead Dress, available at Topshop for $240
6. Elizabeth and James Lafayette Cat Eye Sunglasses, available at Shopbop.com for $155
7. Converse Chuck Taylor All Star Shoes Leather Hi Black Monochrome, available at Takkens.com for $69.99