They say that if the shoe fits to buy it in every color. Well, it seems Shailene Woodley took a page from that book, showing off her style in two similar ensembles over the last week, only in opposite shades.The 21 year-old actress got coastal cool July 26th while promoting The Spectacular Now at The Crow’s Nest in Montauk, N.Y wearing a crisp white top and matching midi-skirt by Apiece Apart. Laid back beach waves and beige Jimmy Choo heels completed the outfit. Having nailed it in her snazzy separates, Woodley went for the same type of look again a few days later on the opposite side of the country, this time in a very different neutral hue. She rocked a black Proenza Schouler top and skirt and dream catcher H.O.W.L. necklace on the L.A. red carpet July 30th. Leather sandals finished off the look for most of the night, until the heel broke off and Woodley wrapped up the event talking to reporters barefoot.
Cute coordinates and combination top and bottoms made a comeback during S/S 2013 fashion week, where the runway was chalk full of crop top wearing models with matching high waisted shorts and pencil skirts on the bottom. We love how Woodley gave the look a greater sense of sophistication though in choosing chic neutrals and minimalistic styling. It’s an ensemble that can be worn time and time again (or twice in a row like Woodley, which by Hollywood standards is a lot!), thanks to its modern yet classic appeal. The writing has been on the wall for awhile now, and we definitely see a rising style icon in our midst!
1. ASTR Scuba Mock Turtleneck Tank, available at Nordstrom for $38
2. Dream Catcher Necklace Belle Noel by Kim Kardashian, available at Pinkmascara.com for $86.25
3. Woman by Common Projects Crisscross Sandal, available at Farfetch.com for $362.60
4. Iga Back Slit Skirt, available at Farfetch.com for $272.30
5. ASTR Beaded Faux Leather Crop Tank, available at Nordstrom for $68
6. House of Harlow 1960 Electric Charge Cocktail Ring, available at Houseofharlow1960.com for $55
7. ASOS Skirt With Split Front and PU Waistband, available at ASOS for $88.67
8. Nine West Breezin Platform Sandals, available at Macy’s for $59