GET THE LATEST IN FASHION + BEAUTY
Kinks to Curls: Top Products for Natural Hair
By Angel Lenise May 01, 2012
Coarse. Textured. Frizzy. Untamed. Those are just a few of the words used to describe glam gals with hair that hasn’t succumbed to chemical straighteners. Sure, a good ol’ relaxer may make your BFF’s coif look nice, and that Brazilian keratin treatment may have offered your co-worker an option for sleek tresses, but chemical straighteners permanently alter the chemistry of your hair and can be damaging.
Not to worry — there are plenty of options to tame those tresses. Create crisp curls or achieve the perfect blowout for times when you want to switch up your signature curly-kinky coif. Best of all, most are infused with natural ingredients that keep your hair healthy, no matter what style you rock. As a bonus, make sure you always couple these great products with a wide-toothed comb. After all, who said coarse, textured, frizzy, or untamed had to be bad things? It just means your hair has a lot more character than the average Jane.
1. Miss Jessie’s Curly Pudding and Super Sweetback Treatment, at MissJessies.com for $7-$48.
2. Kynx Cleanser, Conditioner, Cream, and Monoi de Tahiti Oil, at KynxHairCare.com for $9.99-$15.99.
3. Kinky Curly Spiral Spritz, at Kinky-Curly.com for $12.
4. Darcy’s Botanicals Coconut Lemongrass Transitioning Creme, at DarcysBotanicals.com for $12.
5. Carol’s Daughter Hair Milk Curl Defining Trio, at CarolsDaughter.com for $50.
6. Twisted Sista Different Strokes Serum and Blow Drying Creme, at TwistedSista.com for $4.49.
Glam Week in Review: Rumors of a Victoria Beckham
If the rumor is true, Victoria Beckham could be on her way
Glam's Week in Review: Time's Fashion
Thierry Mugler is regaining control of his eponymous brand
Nifty Nails:The Sharpie Mani That's DIY
The age-old Sharpie. We've used them to doodle on
Naughty or Nice? MAC and Urban Decay Make You
ONE OF CELEBRITY MAKEUP ARTIST SAM FINE'S MOST REPEATED
Get Supple Skin By Spring
It might not feel like it now, but spring is right around the corner. That
For The Latest In Fashion + Beauty
Get Our Weekly Newsletter