Despite the threat of a tropical storm on Thursday evening, the penthouse in Milk Studios was alive with summer. And what’s more indicative of the warm weather season than cut-off shorts, a grill ablaze and ice cream sandwiches? That was the scene as Gap invited guests to get crafty and into the spirit of summer by DIY-ing denim cut-off shorts. Because we’re sure that your summer will be littered opportunities to wear your cut-offs, we have a few quick style tips to offer you to make wearing them seamless:
1. For a more sophisticated look, pair your shorts with a blouse and dainty ankle-strap sandals.
2. Don’t be afraid to pair cut offs with a blazer. Denim shorts make a wearing a blazer in the summer less stuffy, but still give off an air of sophistication.
3. For a desk to drinks transition, add high heels and a few accessories in the form of bracelets or necklaces for a night out!
4. If you’re set on a summer of music festivals, embrace the DIY flower child moment. Give into crop tops to match your denim shorts, throw on a floral crown and let your tresses loose.
5. For brunches or garden parties, mix up your denim shorts with wedges and a lightweight kimono. You’ll stay cool, but look chic in the sun.
For more advice on styling shorts and flats, here are tips from Lauren Messiah!