For the day-to-day, a swipe of gloss or a bit of balm can often suffice, but it’s always exciting to switch up our lip. To ensure that our look stays current, we’re swapping that typical creamy, shiny formula for a super matte finish. Packed with pigment, matte lipsticks come in tons of colors, so you’re sure to find one that will suit your skin tone and complete the look you’re after. A matte lip is a sleek statement and a chic alternative to the shine-infusing products we’re used to slicking on. The perfect matte lip is proof that just because it’s not high-shine doesn’t mean that it’s not high-impact.
1. Lipstick Queen Sinner Lipstick, available at LipstickQueen.com for $22
2. NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream, available at Nordstrom.com for $6.
3. NARS Pure Matte Lipstick, available at NARScosmetics.com for $26.
4. Revlon Super Lustrous Matte Lipstick, available at Walgreens.com for $7.99.
5. Smashbox Be Legendary Lipstick, available at Smashbox.com for $20.
6. MAC Cosmetics ‘Retro Matte’ Lipstick, available at MACcosmetics.com for $15.
7. Bobbi Brown Creamy Matte Lip Color, available at Macys.com for $25.
8. Sonia Kashuk Velvety Matte Lip Crayon, available at Target.com for $7.59.
9. Kevyn Aucoin Matte Lip Color, available at NeimanMarcus.com for $33.
10. Tarte LipSurgence Matte Lip Tint, available at Sephora.com for $24.