Family and friends of Natasha Richardson said their final goodbye to the late Tony-winning actress at a private funeral near her Millbrook, N.Y. home.
Richardson’s husband, Liam Neeson, waved to photographers Sunday as he, sons Micheal, 13, and Daniel, 12, mother-in-law Vanessa Redgrave, and sister-in-law Joely Richardson arrived at St. Peter’s Episcopal Church, the location of the couple’s 1994 wedding. Neeson, dressed in sunglasses and a dark suit, was among the pallbearers for his wife’s casket, The Associated Press reported.
Other mourners included Ralph Fiennes, Alan Rickman, Laura Linney, Mia Farrow, Uma Thurman and Timothy Dalton.
Following the ceremony, Richardson was laid to rest at a nearby cemetery, steps from the plot of her maternal grandmother, actress Rachel Kempson. Kempson died at Neeson and Richardson’s home in 2003.
After the burial, Neeson and the Redgrave family visited Kempson’s grave.
Richardson, 45, died March 18 of blunt trauma to the brain after a skiing accident in Canada.
Related Articles on TVGuide.com
- See clips of Richardson’s movies, interviews and more in our Online Video Guide
- Autopsy: Natasha Richardson Died From Bleeding Near Brain
- Natasha Richardson Critically Injured in Ski Accident
- Natasha Richardson Dies at 45
- Report: Natasha Richardson Is in New York After Injury
- Stars Pay Tribute to Richardson
- Natasha Richardson’s Family and Friends Attend Wake in New York
Other Links From TVGuide.com