When I was a kid, I would resist bedtime for as long as possible. It seemed like everything cool, interesting and adult happened after dark and being made to go to bed early was a punishment and reminder of the powerlessness of youth. Now, I struggle to keep my eyes open after the clock’s hit double digits. The other night I went to bed at 9:58 pm and I am not ashamed of that in the slightest. It felt wonderful. I woke up the next morning refreshed and ready to belt out my favorite Eighties hits in the shower.
More sleep doesn’t just mean waking up feeling like a million bucks; it means you will also look the part. Studies say that your skin cell renewal rate is highest at night, between hours of midnight and 4 am. This is why so many amazing, rich, moisturizing night creams and serum are on the market, so busy women like you can maximize your time and get the most out of your out-of-commission hours. Here are some of the most effective and buzz worthy night creams, serums and treatments for your face, neck and even hair!
1. IC P.M. Night Time Oil Treatment is a spray on oil that works for coarse and thick relaxed or natural hair, or any hair texture that needs a moisture boost.
2. MUN No.1 Aknari Nighttime Dream Youth Serum is an ultra-luxe organic oil blend that nourishes skin with argan oil, rose oil and prickly pear seed oil.
3. StriVectin Advanced Retinol Night is an ideal starter product for women who want to try retinols to improve their skin tone and surface, but fear the effects of the sun. StriVectin Advanced Retinol Day does come with SPF to protect you from the rays, BTW.
4. Estee Lauder’s Advanced Night Repair pretty much runs the corner on beauty serums to be applied in the wee small hours, and for great reason. The classic product remains as effective as ever.
5. Ouidad Salon Series Biotin Lightweight Reparative Hair Serum is a potent blend of vitamins meant to stimulate hair growth when massaged into the scalp nightly.
6. Mizani H2O Intense Strengthening Night-Time Treatment works best for thick, curly hair and is intended to impart penetrative moisture while you slumber.
Contributing Editor, Patrice Grell Yursik is the creator of Afrobella.com, one of the first blogs to celebrate the beauty of natural hair and ladies of all skin tones and sizes. Affectionately called the Godmother of Brown Beauty Blogging, Patrice takes her readers inside unique beauty, fashion and cultural experiences.