GET THE LATEST IN FASHION + BEAUTY
Organize Your Closet With These Five Essentials
By Glam Editors November 10, 2010
If your closet is anything like ours, it’s probably in desperate need of an overhaul. But fret not, now is the time to get organized. Glam checked in with Beth Brodsky, who is the president and founder of B Organized, LLC, to get her tips and tricks on bringing order to your abode. According to the New York-based professional organizer, these five essentials will help declutter your closet and your life:
1. Dress Protectors: I keep all of my formal wear in the back of my closet in protective bags so when I go to wear them I don’t have to worry about them being dirty or dusty. I use the clear bags so I know exactly what is in each bag.
2. Clear Shoe Boxes: Uniformity is key! I like to take photos of my shoes and put them on the outside of each box so its easy to put shoes away and find them later. These boxes can also be used to organize a million other household items.
3. Shelf Dividers: These are perfect for keeping your purses, pants and sweaters in order. Handbags are always an organizational challenge, but I find standing them up on a shelf works best.
4. Bins, Bins, Bins: Labeled bins are a must! Especially if you share a closet. Use separate bins for socks, undergarments, pantyhose, hats, and other miscellaneous items that may not have a home.
5. Uniform Hangers: Using the same hangers will instantly give your closet a neater and tidier appearance. My personal favorites are Huggable Hangers, which enable you to maximize your space.
*To schedule a consultation with Brodsky visit Borganizednow.com.
Spring Ahead: Simple Ways to Spruce Up Your Home T...
The days are getting longer, and the sun is shining brighter...
The Bold And The Beautiful: Colorful Pieces For Th...
Spring is fast approaching, and were tickled pinkand y...
Primary Colors Make for a Bright Kitchen
Looking to brighten your kitchen? Give the space a bit of at...
Bomb Bar Stools For The Modern Home
We love unique home decor and design, from stenciled floors to standout accent w...
A Bright Sight: Neon Decor
We recently rounded up some radiating looks that had us believing in the very fa...
All White Walls: Bright, Not Boring
Put down the paint swatches and consider leaving those walls colorless. Sure, we...
For The Latest In Fashion + Beauty
Get Our Weekly Newsletter