It might be tough to decide which young music-loving starlet was the queen of Coachella this season, but one thing for sure: Vanessa Hudgens’ hair makes her a top contender. Between her tousled waves, flowing caftan, and piled-on jewels, Hudgens’ style is spot-on Coachella–and truly beachy. Not only is the ’70s-inspired look a favorite among celebrities like Hudgens–it ruled the runways during spring and fall fashion weeks. So you know what that means: The done-but-undone wavy style is here for summer, and here to stay.
And what’s the best part about this look? You’ll need to use only a couple of products—plus your hippie-centric outfit of choice. No matter your hair’s natural texture, you can achieve this easy look. A sea salt spray like Garnier Fructis De-Constructed Beach Chic Texturizing Spray is a must for any type of hair: Spritz it on wet or dry hair and throw your hair into a bun to let it air-dry, or help it out with a blast from a blow dryer. Let your hair down and shake it out, using your fingers to break up the waves into loose, carefree waves. Then, throw on that caftan, slip on some sandals and top it all off with a pair of sunglasses and you’ll be just about as beach-chic as it gets without actually setting foot on the sand.
1. BCBG Max Azria Izabel Maxi Caftan, $398
2. The Row Round Sunglasses, $413
3. Paul Andrew Persica T-Strap Ankle-Wrap Sandals, $389
4. De-Constructed Beach Chic Texturizing Spray With Black Fig, $3.47
5. Urban Decay Naked Ultra Nourishing Lip Gloss in Freestyle, $20
6. Reed Krakoff RDK Leather Hobo Bag, $1,590
7. Jennifer Meyer Gold and Diamond Hammered Ring, $825