For the first time in fashion history, you can dress any way you want without being labeled a poser! Just don’t quote me on that because I’m probably being a tad dramatic. Don’t like rock n roll music but love a tough leather jacket? No problem. Into concert tees but have yet to attend an actual concert? No judgment here. Can’t get enough of spikes and studs even though they scare you a bit? It’s A-OK. Rock n roll inspired style is here to stay and you don’t have to smell like Teen Spirit to get it. With a few wardrobe staples and some easy to follow tips, you will be the most stylish rocker chick in town.
What You’ll Need:
- Leather leggings or black skinny jeans
- Classic motorcycle jacket
- A faded tee
- Converse (the more beat-up the better)
- Hip pair of shades
- Bold jewelry
How to Get the Look:
- Stop caring! The rocker chic look can hardly be a success if you care too much – carefree is the key. Does Joan Jett care? How about K Stew? Nope. Not one bit. Throw away your standard set of style rules. It doesn’t matter if your blacks match, if your sneakers are clean, or if your shirt is perfectly pressed. Why? Because you just don’t care. Attitude is everything for this look.
- Comfort is key. Some of the best rocker chic looks look extremely comfortable. Loose fitting jeans, broken in boots, or a trusty pair of sneakers. No excruciating pain required to nail this look.
- Find an icon. This particular style is so popular these days it’s not difficult to find a style icon to look to. Joan Jett, Kristen Stewart, and off duty models can serve as inspiration. If those don’t work there is always Axl Rose. Gather a few images to take along with you on your next shopping trip or create an inspiration board to stick to your closet door.
Ready to rock yet? Thought so. You’re welcome.
Lauren Messiah, is a Los Angeles based stylist and the creator of LaurenMessiah.com, a blog about designer deals, the hottest trends, and Lauren’s life as a fashion stylist.Lauren styles some of Hollywood’s most successful women in entertainment, celebrities, fashion editorials, and national ad campaigns. Lauren has been featured in Marie Claire, Vogue Italia, Grazia, WWD, OK! Magazine and Health Magazine.