Just because you have a sporty side doesn’t mean you don’t want to be chic. In fact, right now the athletic look is having a real moment in the fashion world. The days of having to wear 5-inch heels to be stylish are gone. Even the fashion elite have been seen walking around town in a pair old school sneakers and other sporty paraphilia. You too can be sporty chic by simply adding a few key ingredients into your wardrobe.
What you’ll need:
- Stylish pair of sneakers
- Fashion-forward baseball cap
- Letterman style jacket
- Pair of sweats (yes, I am condoning sweats!)
- Swap out for sneakers. 9 times out of 10 (in your normal kicking around town clothes) you can swap our your heels for a pair of sneakers. This simple switch will take you from a glamazon to a sporty-fashion chick.
- Pretend your sweatpants are real pants. Normally I wouldn’t ever give the advice to wear sweatpants as real pants but these days it can be done. Pair a chic pair of sweats with heels, a tee, and a leather jacket for a pulled together sporty look.
- Never under estimate the power of a graphic tee. One of the best purchases I’ve ever made was a 1978 vintage adidas tee. I’ve worn it with a sequin jacket, a blazer, and with a black patent leather skirt. Talk about sporty chic.
- Keep the ratio right. You definitely want to avoid going too sporty with your look because then you lose the chic. Keep the sporty elements to a minimum; one or two elements per look will do the trick.