Driven by a focus on what consumers want, great designs, quality materials, and affordability, Japan’s leading specialty retailer, UNIQLO, created a comprehensive new collection called LifeWear. Design Director Mr. Naoki Takizawa hosted a preview of the Fall/Winter ’13 Collection styled by Nicola Formichetti in New York earlier this spring to showcase the nine distinct design projects that make up an essential LifeWear wardrobe:
- Silk: Offering everyday luxury with sleek silhouettes and sharp yet sinuous designs.
- Cashmere: Contemporary, fine gauge, 100% cashmere that’s as warm as it is soft.
- Cotton Flannel: Fun and functional, cotton flannel offers new styles and casual appeal, playfully mixing patterns in single garments.
- Ultra Stretch Jeans: Featuring a revolutionary fabric technology that is super stretchy and mold the jeans to the body.
- Leggings Pants: Supple and more fitted, delivering a natural feel. They flatter the body and won’t sag. Stretch pants that look like jeans? YES PLEASE!
- Heattech: Adapts to the wearer and feels like a second skin.
- Ultra Light Down: Comfortable, warm, and unbelievably light– perfect for layering.
- Fleece: Light and supremely warm, “comfort clothes” for all.
- Special Topics: Seasonal collaborations with guest designers. First up, 10-Gruppen.
If you’re a fan of UNIQLO’s contemporary designs and standout prints like we are, you’ll love the versatility and comfort of UNIQLO LifeWear Fall/Winter ’13.
Jill Seiman is a freelance writer and digital media consultant living in New York City with her husband, two young sons, and Cavalier King Charles Spaniel. She writes about her fashion, beauty, fitness, and travel adventures as an urban mom on her personal blog, Glamamom, and a daily beauty feature at Babble.