May marks Skin Cancer Awareness month, and Skinceuticals is looking to not only protect your skin but make sure it’s cancer-free with help from a few fashionable friends.
The skincare brand recruited Rebecca Minkoff, Padma Lakshmi, Derek Blasberg, and more to talk about spots, including ones that might indicate cancer in a short, but sweet, video. The sartorially savvy set note in the video that 1 person dies every hour from melanoma in the U.S., which is the third most common cancer but also the deadliest form of the disease. Each time the video is shared, Skinceuticals will donate $1 to the Melanoma Research Alliance (sharing is caring, after all).
Here are a few points to remember to keep you safe during the sunny season:
- Stay out of the sun between the hours of 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM as it has the highest UV exposure
- Wear protective clothing and hats to block UV rays, there are many options out there
- Use a broad-spectrum sunscreen with an SPF of 15 or higher, and don’t forget to reapply every two hours or after you sweat or swim
- Skip the indoor tanning; there’s plenty of self-tanner to go around!
- Make an appointment with your dermatologist every year for a skin cancer examination. You can go to Skinceuticals.com/Prevent to find a list of doctors in your area.
Haven’t seen the video yet? Check it out below: