1. You’ve heard it before, but we’ll tell you again, drinking enough water has a direct effect on the appearance of skin. Eight ounces a day keeps the dry skin away.
2. While it’s of utmost importance to sip water throughout the day, don’t forget to hydrate from the outside in as well. This means using the proper type of cleansing formula in the shower. Many soaps strip skin of its essential nutrients and moisture with harsh chemicals, but Dove’s gentlest breakthrough body wash provides a gentler, more hydrating result by moisturizing as it cleans.
3. To lock in hydration out of the bath and during the day, it’s vital to follow up with a body moisturizer in either a cream, ointment, lotion, or milk form. Whichever you prefer, make sure it provides protection without irritation.
4. Careful about your hair-removal routine—your lack of precaution may be further leading to dry, unsmooth skin. Whether you’re shaving or waxing, it’s crucial to first exfoliate to remove the current layer of dead cells. Follow up with the appropriate ointments and give your skin breaks between hair removals.
5. Speaking of exfoliation, add the process into your skin maintenance a couple of times a week. It’ll remove dry, flaking skin and leave things smoother and bump-free.