Celebrate spring on your tips and toes with the season’s hautest polish shades. Inspired by the manis featured on the catwalk and on the nails of our favorite celebs, lacquer has never been so enlightening!
1. Minty Manis: In tune with the pastel trend featured on the fashion of the spring 2013 runway, the Rebecca Minkoff and Peter Som catwalk featured mint green nails. This fresh hue surprisingly goes with almost any colored ensemble; style it as a neutral.
2. Fierce Orange: The masses went mani crazy over Beyonce’s hot orange nails at the 2013 Inauguration ceremony earlier this year. Since her citrus showing, other celebs have jumped aboard the color trend, like both Carrie Underwood and Rihanna who showed off orange manicures at the Grammys. Go for an orange color that stands out. With a bit of a springtime tan, the shade will really pop.
3. The New Nude: Practically bare on the Marc Jacobs catwalk, milky white at Rag & Bone and Karen Walker, and soft blush on the models’ manis for BCBG, your new nude polish comes in an array of shades this season.
4. Smokey Metallics: Another trend with a broad palette: Intense silver tips were donned at the Erin Fetherston show, a more subtle metallic sheen glistened on the manicures of models walking for Christian Siriano, and chrome and blue glimmer were the nail color choices at Nicholas K.
5. Pink to Red: Timeless feminine colors weren’t skipped on the Spring 2013 runways despite all the manicure innovation. Douglas Hannant stuck with a soft rose and Ruffian a brighter shade of the girly hue while Betsey Johnson and Naeem Khan went bold with a cherry color.
6. Glorious Gold: The runway’s richest manis were shown at Jeremy Scott and Rebecca Taylor. Does gold ever get old? We say, rock it all year.
image credits by row
Rebecca Minkoff via Social Bliss/ Beyonce via Bella Sugar/ Rag & Bone via So Hair Obsessed/ Erin Fetherston via Beauty Editor/ Naeem Khan via Haute Living/Jeremy Scott via Beauty Blitz