You may have always seen the trench coat as your go-to when it comes to year round outerwear, but have you ever questioned the specifics of your loyalty? It’s more than just a piece that feels right; there are a number of concrete reasons why the trench should be in every woman’s closet, especially during the unpredictable month of April. In terms of practicality, it’s a savior. Waterproof and insulating but not too heavy, it’s perfect for cool and rainy spring weather. Not only will you keep dry, a chic trench coat will have you looking good too. Clean lines and a belted middle creates a flattering silhouette. Not to mention there is something so powerfully feminine about the shape (perhaps we’ve watched too many Audrey Hepburn movies). Best of all, it’s an effortless fashion boost. With a cool trench cinched snug, does it matter what you bothered to wear underneath? This season, update the classic camel trench with these bright and colorful finds that will keep you brilliantly stylish amidst April showers. We’re lusting over the green design by timeless trench creators, Burberry, but we’d be happy saving our hard earned cash and picking up one of the more affordable, but just as gorgeous, picks below!
1. Unlined Seamed Trench Coat, available at Topshop for $136
2. Burberry Prorsum Lace trench coat, available at Net-a-porter.com for $5,500
3. Helene BermanFlared cotton-twill trench coat, available at Theoutnet.com for $200
4. Marc Jacobs Gingham-print trench coat, available at Matchesfashion.com for $789
5. Merona® Women’s Trench Coat, available at Target for $49.99
6. Valentino R.E.D. Clear Petunia Raincoat, available at Stylebop.com for $790