Vivien Leigh is best known for her role in Gone with the Wind as Scarlett O’Hara—and Scarlett is best known (sartorially, at least) for creating and rocking a gown made from a set of drapes. But the girl had plenty of style outside of the curtain dress—while we won’t be rocking floor-length ball gowns anytime soon, there are certain things we love about her look, from the nipped in waists and the ultra-feminine frocks to the all-around elegance. When you’re pulling inspiration from Miss O’Hara for a modern day look, just remember: say no to pants, but upholstery is a go!
1. Tassel Necklace, $60 at BananaRepublic.com.
2. Crazy Daisies Large Hematite Tone French Clip, $18 at 1928.com.
3. Vanilla Skies Parasol, $49.99 at ModCloth.com.
4. Show Ruffle Lace Up Sheath Dress, $172.50 at BetseyJohnson.com.
5. Jeffrey Campbell No Pearl Red Suede Flats, $98 at LorisShoes.com.
6. Pheasant and Peacock Feather Headband, $14 at Torrid.com.
7. Vivienne Westwood Anglomania Greek Dress, $479.50 at LaGarconne.com.
8. Blue Leopard Hair Bows, $6.76 at GrindStore.com.
9. Tutu Stud Dress, $125 at Topshop.com.
10. By Malene Birger Chiffon Ruffle Blouse, $115.50 at TheOutnet.com.
11. Sassy Floral Woven Dress, $22.80 at Forever21.com.