1. Knitted Long Line Cardigan, available at Topshop for $96
2. 3.1 Phillip Lim Twisted Hem Tank Top, available at La Garconne for $250
3. Oversized Fold-Over Clutch in Sahara Gold, available at Circle and Square for $145
4. HUE Tights Ultra Sheer, available at Macy’s for $8.50
5. Pegasus Necklace, available at Stella and Dot for $198
6. Dr. Martens 8-Eye Crushed Velvet Boots, available at Urban Outfitters for $140
7. Gold Jacquard Mini Skirt, available at Topshop for $40
Your girlfriend is throwing a holiday dinner party, potluck style. You’re bringing a bottle of merlot and the most delicious Christmas rum cake the guests will ever try (thanks to Grandma’s secret recipe). Hair’s in a sophisticated top knot, makeup ready to go, now what in the world are you going to wear? Because it’s dinner and drinks at a friend’s house, the goal is to look like you’ve put effort into dressing up without being too fancy. That’s why we’ve paired a glitzy golden jacquard skirt with a simple top and flat boots. The glimmer, silk and velvet combo keeps things festive, but the Docs are more appropriate for a night in with friends than a pair of heels would be. We love the bronze accessories with the black and gold outfit. The fringed necklace is just the right amount of fun whilst still looking chic, and an oversized clutch is the bag to buy this season. Keep warm on the ride over with a long knit cardigan and must have black tights for winter.