There are a few reasons why you might be considering adding cleansing water to your beauty arsenal. After much research, here are the possible causes:
- Because you are fancy and treat yourself to fancy things
- Because you know cleansing water is essential in any professional makeup artist’s kit, so you need it
- Because you have sensitive eyes and/or skin and need a gentle makeup removing product
- Because you know a thing or two about Asian skincare products
- All of the above.
Cleansing waters are awesome for all of those reasons, and there’s a reason so many luxury cosmetics brands include them in their lineups. But what is this fancy skincare product that’s popular with Asian skincare brands and beloved by makeup artists actually for?
Many things, actually!
The best cleansing waters are multi use, gentle, effective for even the most sensitive skin, and also infused with ingredients that are good for your skin. They remove makeup, cleanse your skin, and act as an all-in-one toner. They’re gentle enough to use even around the eye area, but effective enough to start breaking down all of the gunk we slather on every day. Makeup artists use cleansing water to correct eye makeup mistakes while they’re working on set. It’s often pricy, but to many, it’s totally worth it. Here are 10 popular brands to put on your radar, when you’re ready to test the waters.
1. Koh Gen Do Cleansing Spa Water
2. Caudalie Makeup Remover Cleansing Water
3. NARS Makeup Removing Water
4. Absolution certified organic cleansing water for eyes and face
5. Lancome Eau Micellaire Douceur Express Cleansing Water
6. MAC Mineralize Charged Water
7. Dior Instant Cleansing Water With Pure Lily Extract
8. Shiseido Pureness
9. Lierac Paris Cleansing Water
10. Shu Uemura Skin Purifier Porefinist Gentle Foaming Cleansing Water
Contributing Editor, Patrice Grell Yursik is the creator of Afrobella.com, one of the first blogs to celebrate the beauty of natural hair and ladies of all skin tones and sizes. Affectionately called the Godmother of Brown Beauty Blogging, Patrice takes her readers inside unique beauty, fashion and cultural experiences.