It’s time to brush up on your geometry because symmetrical lines and shapes are back in a major way. A key trend of 2013, this bold look has carried into 2014, as displayed on the spring-summer runways of Alexander McQueen, Vanessa Bruno, Fendi, and others. Get on board with the optical obsession taking over our closets this season by looking for pieces with lots of contrast, sharp lines, and asymmetrical appeal. Macy’s Impulse department, with top brand names like French Connection, Rachel by Rachel Roy, and Kensie, is your go-to destination for the geo glam look. Whether you’re flaunting the look with clean lines on a top or rocking sophisticated shapes on a chic clutch, keep the rest of the ensemble subtle to let the mathematical-influenced style steal the show.
Check out Macy’s Fave Fourteen in ’14 for more trends to try in the New Year at Macys.com/impulse!
1. Rachel by Rachel Roy Striped Floral-Print Dress, available at Macy’s for $129
2. Vince Camuto Cleo Clutch, available at Macy’s for $168
3. Fergie Torcha Two-Piece Dress Sandals, available at Macy’s for $100
4. Citizens of Humanity Rocket Skinny Jeans, available at Macy’s for $188
5. Rachel by Rachel Roy Striped Top, available at Macy’s for $79