Girly girl flounce got extra sophisticated with structured ruffles on the Spring 2013 runway shows of Chloe, Givenchy, Gucci and more. The trend is totally wearable as the strategically placed, geometrically styled large frilled trimming doesn’t necessarily add unwanted volume to your figure. The result is a sleeker look than traditional ruffled ensembles. We love the look in pastel colors for an especially soft feminine style, though there’s something chic about black ruffled edges too. Our top designer nailing the trend is Lanvin, featuring ruffle galore this season. Is this a trend you’d like to try?
1. Lanvin Neoprene Dress, available at My Theresa for $1863
2. Giorgio Armani Vintage Ruffle Neck Jacket, available at Farfetch.com for $471.14
3. Marc Jacobs Tulle-Trimmed Silk-Radzimir Dress, available at The Outnet for $360
4. Burberry Prorsum Ruffle Wool Skirt, available at Farfetch.com for $957.09
5. Marni Ruffle-trimmed Silk Crepe Dress, available at The Outnet for $485
6. Camilla Ruffle Dress, available at Shop Les Nouvelles for $315
7. Moschino Ruffled Georgette-Jacquard Wrap Dress, available at The Outnet for $685.06