The best season ever is here—summertime—and we’re celebrating by stocking up on tropical prints. And we don’t mean your dad’s Hawaiian shirts. From pineapples to palm trees to parrots, tropi-cool patterns rocked the runways of Prada, Marni, and Marc Jacobs. We’ve been dreaming of paradise-inspired prints since we saw them parade down the catwalk last September, and finally the time is upon us to live the look.
Whether you’re actually jetting to a tropical location in the upcoming weeks or simply looking to bring island vibes to your weekend staycation, these on-trend pieces will be in wardrobe high rotation all summer. Closet musts include a Miami-inspired tropical-print tank from Kenzo, a printed hat that makes the transition from the beach to brunch, a bright one-piece bathing suit, and a printed party dress. Worried about pulling off bold designs? Start with accents like a clutch or bikini top before rocking a full-on tropical outfit.
1. La Regale Tropicana Clutch, available at Macy’s for $18
2. Tropical-Print Canvas Sneakers, available at Charlotte Russe for $12.50
3. Pineapple Rambla One-Piece, available at Shoptiques for $195
4. Doll and Frog Tropical Bird Tie-Back Dress, available at Dorothy Perkins for $35
5. Tropical-Print Hat, available at Topshop for $32
6. Mango Tropical-Print Shirt, available at Mango for $29
7. Palm Tree Lurex Skirt, available at Topshop for $76
8. Bralet Body-Con Island Life Print Dress, available at Topshop for $84