Every 90s heart jumps for joy as the reoccurring transparency trend makes an appearance once again. Spring is approaching, meaning it’s finally time to decide: from the runway to reality, are these accessories a clear disaster or see through success? Fashion megastars Valentino, Dolce and Gabbana and Balenciaga all featured plastic and plexiglass pieces in their 2013 shows for the season, from futuristic wrist cuffs to paneled pumps. To transition the trend into grown up wearability, we suggest keeping the rest of your ensemble classic and sophisticated when adding a transparent accessory. Rock clear heels with a chic pantsuit or add a see through clutch to a tailored little black dress. For an especially fresh look, rather than go with your instinct to pair the plastic with silver, try it with gold and other bolder metallics.
1. Studded Clear Tote, available at Forever 21 for $19.80
2. Alexis Bittar: Teatro Moderne Clear Shield Cuff, available at YLANG23 for $395
3. Marc Jacobs Transparent Mary Jane Heel, available at La Garconne for $202.50
4. Jeffrey Campbell Soiree Lucite Heel, available at Urban Outfitters for $125
5. Charlotte Olympia Pandora Classic Box Clutch, available at My Theresa for $835
6. Valentino Studded Plexi Cuff Bracelet, available at Luisaviaroma.com for $963
7. DITA Insider Glasses, available at Shopbop for $375