Donsuki Townhouse Salon is Time Out NY’s pick for best updo’s in New York City, so it stands to reason that owner Suki Duggan knows a thing or two about great hair styles. And lucky for us, she’s sharing her knowledge and has provided easy DIY tips for two casual and sexy summer looks. “The two looks that I am loving this summer are the double braid and the low ponytail,” said Duggan. “Nothing is sexier than showing off your beautiful face and not hiding behind your hair.” We completely agree—so here’s how to get the looks!
The Double Braid:
1. Part your hair down the middle.
2. French braid both sides.
3. Twist the ends into a low bun.
Tip: don’t stress about flyaways—they keep the style from looking too princessy!
The Low Ponytail:
1. Slick back unruly hair with pomade.
2. Gather hair at the nape of your neck using two elastics for support.
3. Divide the ponytail into three sections and wind each around a curling iron.
4. Drag your fingers through the ringlets for a lived-in look.
These looks are so easy, we’ll be living in them for the rest of the summer!