Last night, we got in bed with Tyra Banks, Kelly Cutrone, and Rob Evans. Yes, you read that right! It was a sexy, smizing, one-night-only type of thing – a fierce photo opp to fête the premiere of America’s Next Top Model: College Edition. (What did you think we were talking about?). The model-mogul, PR machine, and boxer-turned-model arrived in all their fierce glory to the TriBeCa Grand Hotel Wednesday night for an advanced screening of ANTM’s latest installment. In tow were the show’s newest residents: fashion blogger Bryanboy, creative director Johnny Wujek, and movement mentor Jonté. We expected a simple greeting from the panel and an hour-long look into episode one, but what we got the scoop on all things new for the 19th cycle of the show.
Pre-screening, Banks dropped a bevy of semi-spoilers for the upcoming season. Aside from being college-themed, the show is capitalizing on the social media space to engage fans. Whether you’ve been a ANTM addict since its 2003 inception, or if you’re just tuning in to stare at Evans, here are some things that’ll keep you glued to the screen this season:
1. The college edition isn’t limited to girls at major schools. There are a few beauty school contestants thrown into the mix, and even a girl who’s enrolled in classes online.
2. Banks deemed Evans the hottest male model alive, and we have to agree! She even flirted with the rumor of whether he’s her beau or like a little brother, which got our wheels churning.
3. That coveted CoverGirl contract is out. In are a fashion spread in NYLON Magazine, a contract with L.A. Models and New York Model Management, campaigns with Nine West and Smashbox, and $100,000 cash for the top winner.
4. New shoot creative director Johnny Wujek has styled Katy Perry and Nicki Minaj. We’re hoping for some teenage dreams and Barbie concepts this time around.
5. Contestants who get voted off the show will have a chance to earn their way back. They’ll join a web series that follows them as they participate in the same shoots the remaining girls are doing. A good shot could land them back on the show.
6. According to Banks, Bryanboy cried for each girl who got voted off.
7. She is giving back to her alma mater, Harvard, in a fierce way. She’s mentoring an unnamed model who’s in school there now. We wonder if she’s one of the girls on this season?
8. There’s a girl on the show who thinks she’s a real life cat woman. Her meows are kind of scary.
9. Meet Jonté: choreographer who’s worked with Beyoncé and face of IceBreakers Japan. He’s been added to the lineup as the movement mentor to get these girls fierce in still images and in real life.
10. You are now a judge! Fans can give their feedback on the girls’ performance in real time, via Facebook and Twitter, and will have a definite voice on “who will be eliminated tonight.”
Looks like Tyra and company are really stepping it up this season. You can see (and take part), in the show when it airs Fridays at 8pm EST on The CW.