IT’S ALL EVERY BEAUTY JUNKIE CAN INSTAGRAM ABOUT THIS DAYS—MAC Cosmetics hit another home run with their Rihanna collaboration and the new RiRi Woo. The hot red lipstick sold out in no time flat, leaving Rihanna fans wanting so much more. Hang tight, Navy—there’s a full Rihanna collection on the way this year. And if you were one of the many who wasn’t able to get your hands on RiRi Woo, fret not thyself. There are quite a few Woo dupes and equally hot red lipsticks out there, if you know where to look. Here are our five faves:
- NARS Dragon Girl: One of the fiercest reds in the NARS lip arsenal, Dragon Girl is not for the faint of heart. It’s a vivacious cherry matte color with major league staying power. Ruby Woo is slightly darker and more of a blue-red tone, but they’re equally vibrant.
- Cover Girl Hot: There’s a reason that Hot is one of Pat McGrath and Janelle Monae’s favorite Cover Girl lip colors. Hot defines the word. It’s also a cherry red with blue undertone but it glides on brighter and creamier.
- Rimmel Kate Moss Lasting Finish Lipstick: Buzz about this capsule collection by Kate Moss has been big across the pond and on beauty insider message boards, and with good reason. Kate Moss delivered the goods when it comes to high quality makeup at drugstore prices. Her red lipstick is matte and long lasting, but not drying.
- Make Up For Ever Rouge Artist in Moulin Rouge: A quick “hallelujah” for Make Up For Ever, their Rouge Artist lipsticks are amazing! Available at Sephora, their shade called Moulin Rouge is reminiscent of the Baz Luhrmann fantasy flick—all glitz, glamour and desire. It’s a vibrant satin red that’s sure to turn heads.
- Maybelline Colorsensational Vivids On Fire Red: We’re absolutely loving Maybelline’s new lipsticks, so bright, bold and fierce! On Fire Red won’t disappoint, if you’re looking for a color that will make your entrance unforgettable. Nourishing honey nectar keeps your lips soft and moisturized, not dry and cracked under your matte lipstick.
What are your favorite reds, all Woos aside?
Contributing Editor, Patrice Grell Yursik is the creator of Afrobella.com, one of the first blogs to celebrate the beauty of natural hair and ladies of all skin tones and sizes. Affectionately called the Godmother of Brown Beauty Blogging, Patrice takes her readers inside unique beauty, fashion and cultural experiences.