Ice cream parties are perfect for everything from your little one's birthday to a playful summer baby shower or bridal shower. If you're looking to host one, here's the scoop!
I recently designed a sweet-and-sparkly Ice Cream Shoppe Birthday Party myself and stumbled on so many great ideas during the process of planning it… way more than I could realistically use all at once. So, I thought it would be fun to do a link round up of some of the *tastiest* ice cream party ideas all in one spot, so you can pick and choose what inspires you the most.
The cherry on top? While all of these ideas are creative & pretty to look at, most of them are also simple and EASY… check out the "ice cream" balloons, for example! (You can also see my own version of them here.) And for the projects that require a bit more skill - like the adorable ice cream cone cake pops and sugar cookies for example – there are some amazing sweets vendors out there that can help with those. Just bring an inspirational pic to a local vendor or do a quick search on Etsy.com, which is one of my favorite resources for beautiful treats. Here we go with the ideas roundup… get ready to go spoon-over-scoop for this sweet party theme!
1. Wooden Ice Cream Party Spoons: Bright colors and stylish patterns add so much character to this variety pack of wooden ice cream spoons!
3. Carnation "Ice Cream Sundae" Centerpieces: Add in fresh flowers for a girly & grown up feel.
4. Cone Headband Kids Craft: Instead of using traditional party hats, let the kids have fun decorating their own sugar cone headbands!
5. Paper Cone Garland: This project has 3 of my favorite attributes: fun, easy, and colorful!
6. Ice Cream Cone Cookies: These are beautiful treats to display while the ice cream is chilling in the freezer.
7. Ice Cream Balloons: Super easy and inexpensive: win-win!
8. Ice Cream Cone Party Garland: Yarn ball "scoops" + cones embellished with free printables + sixlet "cherries" make = one very tasty party garland.
9. Sundae Toppings Bar: No ice cream party is complete with an assortment of fun toppings!
10. Mini Ice Cream Cone Piñata: This crafty little project pulls double duty as a decoration AND a unique party favor!
Contributing Editor, Jennifer Sbranti is a graphic designer and founder of Hostess with the Mostess®. HWTM brings stylish entertaining ideas to light through an inspirational “how-to” website, creative online community, and popular daily blog. Sbranti’s ideas have been featured in media outlets such as The Today Show, People, InStyle Weddings, Pregnancy, and Everyday with Rachael Ray. Sbranti resides in San Diego with her husband (& HWTM co-founder) Sonny Sbranti and their two young daughters, Macy & Rylie.