4 Babes in Blankets (and How to Rock the Look Yourself)
The blanket coat was born out of a very trendy union between comfort and couture, and we're all about it. From the Etro, Burberry, Roberto Cavalli, and Prabal Gurung fall/winter 2014 runway to the streets circa some of the top style setters in the industry, the poncho has proven it's place this season. With four ways to wear the warm outer-layer below, we're here to help inspire the way you rock the look.
Miroslava Duma keeps this subtle and chic–with a loudly printed, proper poncho take on the blanket coat. Do like Duma and pair a similar style with skinny jeans, a crisp button down, and feminine heels. On the other side of the style spectrum, Rita Ora went for a grungier, downtown look with her striped cape sweater in an ensemble easily mirrored with boyfriend jeans, booties, and vintage inspired sunglasses. Wear a plain t-shirt underneath.
For the fashion forward Glam girl, Olivia Palermo and Dasha Gold are the gals to look to. We love how they played with proportions, fabrics, and seemingly unlike hues. Pick a tailored, high waisted pair of shorts to style with a simple blouse. Keep the colors in the same spectrum as the shades on your blanket coat, but don't be afraid to create some contrast by not matching everything perfectly. It'll up the edge that way.
1. Barrie Fringed Poncho, available at Farfetch.com for $1,664
2. Poncho Coat, available at Zara for $249
3. Emporio Armani Blanket Poncho, available at Bysymphony.com for $459
4. Topshop Hooded Blanket Print Wrap, available at Nordstrom for $44
5. Burberry Thistle Motif Blanket Poncho, available at Burberry for $1,395
6. Isabel Marant Idoa Striped Blanket Coat, available at Matchesfashion.com for $660