6 Skinny-Mini Spring Silhouettes Seen on the Catwalk
Tapered cuts, minimalistic design, and slim styles were all the rage on the runway for spring 2014, with free-flowing fabrics and loose layers taking a backseat in many collections. Here are six of our favorite lean looks sure to spark your style inspiration.
1. Saint Laurent took in the waist and raised the hemline for the ultra-edgy spring line. The collection’s popular lip-print dress, recently worn by Fergie on the red carpet, shows off long legs with its unique wraparound miniskirt.
2. Silky and slinky, Max Mara’s spring slip dress couldn’t be sexier. Hugging the model’s curves in all the necessary places, this beige beauty is definitely a number we’d like to have hanging in our closet.
3. Stella McCartney’s interpretation of the perfect spring and summer jumpsuit? Taken in, tapered, and slightly transparent.
4. Tom Ford celebrated the feminine physique with a series of sleek, tight-fitting frocks this season. With its intricate design and classic cut, the caramel-color leather dress in particular was a highlight.
5. Isabel Marant took the ordinary “shorts plus shirt” look up a notch with this style. Pairing a teeny-tiny pair of thigh-skimmers with a fitted lace top was a bold move worth admiring.
6. Carefully constructed silhouettes with cutout details, minimalistic appeal, and fashion-forward design made the Yigal Azrouel spring-summer collection a crowd favorite. The body-conscious black-and-white splattered gown exemplified how to wear long lines and sleek angles.