8 Colored Coats We’re Craving This Season
If you're only planning on making one monumental purchase for the cold weather months, make it a coat in a Crayola colored hue. Camel, black, and grey outerwear are staples that are standard to most of our wardrobes–but a bright cloak of sorts? That is bound to make a statement this season.
The trend was a head turner in a number of Fall/Winter 2014 collections. An array of oranges on the Preen by Thornton Bregazzi and Dries Van Noten runway, soft pastels like pink and sky blue at Chloe, Carven, Gucci, and Delpozo, and overcoats of a cornucopia of hues, materials, and patterns showing up at Tibi, House of Holland, Wes Gordon, Burberry, and more. Pick your preferred pigment and look for a cocoon inspired silhouette–oversized and heavy–the shape that stole the show at Fashion Week. The eight above should serve your a starting point.
1. Steventai Coat, available at Thecorner.com for $1,175
2. Wool Melton Swing Coat, available at J. Crew for $365
3. Unstructured Wool Blend Coat, available at Mango for $129.99
4. Paul & Joe Kokilla Color-block Wool Blend Coat, available at Net-A-Porter.com for $1,145
5. Vivetta Pink Faux Fur Grandpa Coat, available at Avenue32.com for $1,185
6. Colored Fur Coat, available at Zara for $129
7. Stella Jean Olivia Brushed Wool Blend Coat, available at Modaoperandi.com for $1,010
8. Orange Relaxed Waterfall Coat, available at River Island for $140